SLATSK is a dynamic initiative dedicated to empowering women from Artsakh to enhance their employability and rebuild their lives in their new contexts. It aims to support participants on their path toward resilience and self-sufficiency after being forcefully displaced to Armenia.
“STRIVE” project is co-funded by the European Union and implemented by NEF-Belgium (NEF) and four local partners:
Our vision is to empower women from Artsakh on their path toward resilience and self-sufficiency after being forcefully displaced to Armenia.
Our objectives include the following:
- Equip participants with new knowledge and skills that are tailored to their needs, interests and the unique challenges they face,
- Provide participants with soft and technical skills, networks and individualized mentorship to evolve professionally according to their project in their chosen industry,
- Enhance the employability of participants by connecting them with professional employers and providing them with necessary resources to build their own businesses.
Reskilling training program
The SLATSK program will provide reskilling trainings in three different industries. This program component is supported by the Armenian International Women’s Association (AIWA) – Empower Path Initiative.
1. Beauty sector (manicure and brows), delivered by HAZE Academy
Participants will select either manicure or brows technical training and will receive training in their chosen field, depending on the selection of the participants. These courses will be delivered by leading experts from Haze Academy.
The training course will last 2 to 3 weeks.
2. Textile sector, delivered by Art House
Participants will receive comprehensive training in the design and sewing of various types of garments, including a general theory of modeling, use of equipment and sewing machines, measurements, and construction of drawings.
The training course will last 4 months and will be delivered by Art House training center.
3. Food business sector
Participants will receive training on specialized business skills necessary for the food sector. The training curriculum will be adapted to the needs and requirements of the participants. This could include food safety and hygiene regulations; menu planning and development; food presentation; customer service; pricing and cost control; operations management; licensing and permits; catering and event planning.
The training course will last 4 months.
Comprehensive Capacity Building
In addition to re-skilling, the program will build the capacity of the participants in the following way:
- Soft skills training will be delivered to enable participants to enter and navigate the Armenian workforce with ease and confidence. The final curriculum will be tailored to the participants’ needs, and it could include sessions on communication, negotiation, time management, and more.
- Wellbeing and mental health support sessions will accompany participants through any obstacles they may face. This could include sessions on stress management, self-care, building healthy habits, and more.
- Entrepreneurial skills courses will be provided to enable participants to build and develop their own businesses in one of the three sectors (beauty, textile, or food business). This could include training on business models, financial management, marketing, and more.
Who can apply?
This program is intended for women from Artsakh, based in Yerevan or the surrounding regions, looking for training and professional opportunities, and willing to work in beauty, textile or food services.
While filling in the application form, you must demonstrate your motivation to acquire new knowledge, learn new skills, and find employment. Please note that the program contains a significant time commitment, and complete attendance in all workshops is a mandatory condition for participating in the program. This includes both the re-skilling training and the capacity-building component.
If your application passes the first stage, the Hub Artsakh team will contact you for an interview. Applicants who pass the interview stage successfully will be invited to join the program.
If you have any questions regarding the Program, call us at +374 99 707932.
How to participate
If your profile fits the criteria for the program, you can apply by filling the form at the button below.